Kodi is an amazing piece of software. It allows you to build your perfect media center. Whether you want an all singing all dancing $2000 dollar machine that runs Steam, 4K rips and VR or a more modest Raspberry Pi $50 streaming box, the options are there for you.
But the music options can be quite limiting. Which is a disappointment. Especially if you don’t have the storage space to have your whole library on the machine. The options left are streaming Youtube videos or internet radio stations.
But did you know there is a Kodi Spotify addon? Here’s how to install it and get it working. Before we begin, there is a caveat. You will need to have a Spotify premium account.
To begin, you will need to install the Emby repository on your device. To do that, follow the instructions below.
Install Kodi Spotify Addon
- Head to file manager and choose add source.
- Type the url in: http://kodi.emby.media and give it a name. Press ok.
- Now go to addons and choose Install from zip.
- Choose the emby source that you just named.
- Navigate to the Repository.beta.emby.kodi-x.x.x.zip and install it.
- Go back to addons and choose install from repository.
- Navigate to Kodi Emby Beta Addons > Music Addons > Spotify and install.
- Open the installed app and enter your username and password.
- Once done, the addon will not open.
- Next go to a browser and log in to your Spotify account and authorize the app.
- After it’s authorized, go back into Kodi, choose Music > Addons > Spotify and use as normal.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Kodi Spotify addon. You are now officially able to get your groove on.